Thursday, February 11, 2010

Abandoned Beauty

I know nothing of this stunning structure other than its abandoned and in Russia. There is something about an abandoned place that is creepy yet timeless and peaceful. I have a large fascination with things left like this. I guess its more curiosity than any thing.
Why did people leave?
How could you let this go to waste?
What happened to the people who lived here?
There is a strange beauty in things left in solitude.
Many places in Russia are abandoned including whole cities. This is not a rare site to see but the beauty of this architecture is breath taking.
I have seen these pictures many times and each time I look through them I am still amazed.















2 comments:

  1. Did you read this somewhere? This is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I guess i should have posted my source

    http://englishrussia.com/?p=1808

    ReplyDelete